I have a mission for you – Mission Unbreakable. This is a program that hits the market tomorrow, and it’s a mission to make your body… well, you guessed it: Unbreakable. Along with the help of co-creator BJ Gaddour, we are going to help you move restriction free, speed up your metabolism, and stand up taller. This type of programming eliminates achy joints and painful muscles. *Results may vary. Please read our full disclaimer here
But that’s for tomorrow…
As for today, I’d like you to focus on the next 6 weeks: You are going to identify and fix the following 3 issues, which in combination, create the muscle imbalances in your body: *Results may vary. Please read our full disclaimer here
- Muscle Mobility/Activation
- Tissue Quality/Mobility
Flexibility, functionally, is all three areas put together:
- Muscle Mobility/Activation – Your muscle’s ability to lengthen with movement. For example, as you squat, you are lengthening your quads.
- Flexibility – Passive stretch on a muscle. For example, stretch until you feel a slight burn and hold the position.
- Tissue Quality/Mobility – Muscle fiber alignment with adequate blood flow. For example, after you tear a muscle, scar tissue forms and creates a web of tissue to protect the old tear. This web of tissue puts pressure on the muscle and does not receive good blood supply.
6 weeks from now, you’re going to be scratching your head and wondering how it’s even possible that you made this much progress with your flexibility and mobility, after having tried various other methods for so long. Your body will move freely and your body’s aches will be in the past. *Results may vary. Please read our full disclaimer here
Plus, we’re going to make this our ‘meditative’ part of every day… so we’re actually going to look forward to ‘stretching’ everyday.
“This Is The Flexibility Cure”
You will literally double your flexibility, get rid of your aches and pains, and stand up straighter before you know it!
*Results may vary. Please read our full disclaimer here
Our flexibility affects everything. Our mobility is our body’s ability to grow. Our metabolisms are higher when our bodies are in balance.
You know the old ‘Elementary Anatomy Song,’ right?
“The ankle bone is connected to the… knee bone… the knee bone is connected to the… hip bone…”
Well, the same is true with the systems of your body and flexibility gains. Your nervous system is connected to your musculoskeletal system, is connected to your endocrine system, etc. It’s not as good of a song, but the idea remains true
Understanding how one system affects another is the most important part of any flexibility program. In order to properly create a stretching program, you should know:
- How your nervous system sends electricity to muscles and this leads to “hard spots” (the place it ‘hurts so good’ when you get a massage)
- How muscle restrictions are like squeezing a muscle and then trying to use it (doesn’t work)
- What ‘normal’ muscle feels like and what ‘restricted’ muscle feels like
- How to determine if you should be performing mobility/activation, flexibility, or tissue mobilization exercises to get better results with your fitness program and/or decrease pain
- The angle your muscle fibers run, and how this affects position for a stretch
- How speed of stretching affects results (ideal time span for greatest benefit in the least amount of time)
I know this brings up a brand new method for flexibility for many of you.
Did this post help you answer any questions you’ve had about flexibility results you’ve seen so far?
Is it possible that you were working on just one type of flexibility and that’s why you weren’t seeing the results and carry-over effect to your exercise program?